gmail help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by astolier, Dec 19, 2009.

1. astolier macrumors newbie

New Iphone; prior blackberry where you can decide whether to delete a message from the server or not. Have set up 2 gmail accounts, one from scratch and one using the initial gmail setup guide. One I've set up to delete from server and one not, vacillating as to which one to use. Is there a way to decide on each individual email whether you can delete from server or just delete from iphone? Does this make sense?

2. flash144 macrumors member

not real sure what info you are asking for.

i set Iphone to never delete from server, and then clean the email inbox from my home computer. that way, when i delete it from the Iphone, it no longer shows up in my Iphone inbox, but is in my gmail box until i delete it there.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

with gmail you never really delete anything it saves all your messages except spam. myself why not set both accounts up as imap accounts then everything gets synced. read a email on one it shows read on the other. delete from one deleted from the other move a message moved on both.