gmail imap in the new mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by excalibur313, Nov 5, 2007.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

I have gmail and I really dislike in leopard mail when I use imap how it will send copies of what I am writing every few seconds. I took maybe 5 minutes to write this one email, for example, and it shows up as having sent 30 messages to the person, when it is possible that I didnt send it to her at all if I discarded it. I just find it extremely confusing and I am not sure if there is a way to fix it.
    Thanks,
    Stephen

PS- Wow! Thank you so much, that site is amazing.

2. siren77 macrumors member

Turn off auto-save drafts? I don't use Mail personally, but I would think another solution would be to point the drafts folder to the gmail/drafts folder.

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

You need to properly identify for Mail which GMail IMAP folder is for drafts, which is for spam, etc. Follow the applicable instructions here:

http://5thirtyone.com/archives/862

I've lost track of how many times I've posted that link now :) I followed those steps and all my GMail stuff winds up in the right folders.

4. jawiggins10 macrumors newbie

I cant get my imap setup to send at all. It recieves fine. I have checked the settings on the gmail website and dont see a problem. Can someone tell me whats up and/or the magic secret? Its really irritating bc it works on my iphone just fine.