Gmail imap not allowing be to download files from e-mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AdiosVista, Nov 14, 2008.

1. AdiosVista macrumors 6502

I'm using Apple mail on a new mac pro, Leopard and all apps are up-to-date. I sent myself some Photoshop files from work but when I download through my Gmail account setup through Apple mail, the files won't open and show a zero kb size. However, if I open Gmail in my browser, login, and download the same files from the same e-mails, they work fine. What gives? This happens everytime and it's very annoying.

2. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Check your Mail preferences:accounts:advanced and see if where it says "keep copies of messages for offline viewing" that the dropdown selection says "all messages and their attachments."

Also, make sure your gmail setup in Mail is actually imap, not pop - because both will work, although I don't know how this would make a difference with attachments being downloaded.

incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
    outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com:username@gmail.com

Hopefully this helps... because gmail works just fine for me using Mail as the remote client on OSX 10.5

3. AdiosVista thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I have those settings and it's still not working. I am using imap and not pop as well.