Gmail IMAP + Snow Leopard Mail.app Error. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swiftaw, Sep 16, 2009.

1. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

So, since I upgraded to Snow Leopard (might only actually be since 10.6.1) my Gmail account set up as IMAP in mail.app keeps going offline with the following error message:

I am way under the Gmail quota. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. M.Ford macrumors member

3. jhgagle macrumors newbie

I was having the same issue from Mail.app and from my iphone. I had to check an old email while away from my home wireless and it pulled all the recent emails in. SOMEwhere in this whole thing, it has to be connected to a wireless issue. Maybe the 10.6.1 update?

4. CBAviator macrumors 6502

I'm having the same issues. I'm running Leopard and none of my SMTP connections have been working since Sunday morning. I can't figure it out for the life of me. It's affecting my Gmail, AOL, and my University e-mail.

5. jhgagle macrumors newbie

Nevermind. Connection is back down on my phone as well. I also can't upload to flickr anymore either and it seems to be the same type of connection issue and started around the same time. Looks to be an Apple issue rather than google since Flickr is a yahoo service. :confused:

6. M.Ford macrumors member

It is not network for me. My phone gives a generic of password failure. at home I get the bandwidth error. All other network services at fine

7. M.Ford macrumors member

I still have not heard anything from gmail but I did try and experiment that fixed my phone issue. I quit Mail.app and the phone problems went away so what this tells me is that Mail.app is doing something that is crushing gmail. I dont know what is going on but at least I can manage my mail from my phone again.

8. ela.erebo macrumors newbie

My problem is not exactly the same though the result is that basically the thing gets frozen when i try to use the gmail chat. Then a little 'Still working' message on the top appears and after that a box which says 'Unable to reach Gmail. Please check your internet connection. Trying to reconnect now…' . Other times, another box says something like 'Some gmail features will not be displayed due to internet issues, so we recommend you to try older versions or the html version'

The sad thing is that all pc's in my home work with gmail without any problem.
    :confused: