Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katewes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Theoretically it shouldn't cause problems to access Gmail IMAP from different Macs, some using Lion 10.7, and others using Snow Leopard 10.6.

But I thought I'd just check to see if some of you out there have tried this without any problems.

I heard there still were bugs in Lion Mail, given that even the recent 10.7.4 indicated that it addressed bugs in the Mail app. So I need to know that everything will go smoothly using Lion and Snow Leopard concurrently to access a Gmail IMAP account.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I get the feeling that Apples just a bit desperate to get Mountain Lion released. That will do away with many of the Lion annoyances (perhaps). A good majority of the users I work with have either returned to 10.6.x or are stuck with Lion as it came on their new 2011 Macs. While it's not dreadful, it's just that we're used to much better work from Apple. Maybe Mountain Lion will be up to Apples normal standard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.