Gmail IMAP with Mail in Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevindosi, Oct 27, 2007.

1. kevindosi macrumors regular

Hey everyone -
    I got Leopard today and have been playing around with it nonstop. I decided to fire up Mail.app for the first time in maybe a year, because I really like the looks of the new features that Leopard brings it and because I know Gmail supports IMAP now. So I set up my account on Mail.app, but it keeps trying to download my entire email history - around 800mb. Not only will this take a while with my slow internet connection, but it's kind of a waste of space too. Can I set it up to only hold on to the last 100 messages or something like that?

Also... If I delete them from mail.app, then they get deleted from my gmail as well, right? That would be fine with me if I could limit Mail.app to only download the last 100 emails, but I don't want to store my entire email history on my computer.

2. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

I know that for POP you either specify for it to forward all of your mail, or starting on the day that you enable it. Maybe there is something like this for IMAP? I don't have IMAP yet with gmail, so I dunno, but check your settings on gmail.com