Gmail in Apple Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Browzilla, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Browzilla macrumors member

Following the instructions on the Gmail page, I set up Apple Mail to work and all that.

Except it doesn't. Receiving works fine, but trying to send mail results in this:

Code:
    The server response was: 5.1.2 Bad or missing RCPT domain 24sm2323526nzn

Use the pop-up menu below to try a different outgoing mail server.  All messages will use this server until you quit Mail or change your network settings.

Message from:________@gmail.com

A little bit of searching didn't turn up anything that really helped. Anyone know how to fix this?

I did use a different port for one of the settings, but only because it wasn't changeable. Don't know if that'd make a difference.

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I had the same problem on and off yesterday, but it went away finally. There were a few pieces of mail that did not make it - most did. I verified this by going straight to my gmail account using Safari. I simply resent those that got missed.

Dunno - since it's free, I didn't pursue that matter too far, but I also couldn't find any web hits, nor did I see anything today from Google that there was a problem.

Anywho - it's working now.

3. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

If it helps, this is what I have as my GMAIL outgoing settings in Apple Mail

Attached Files:

4. Browzilla thread starter macrumors member

That's exactly what I have, except for the smtp.googlemail.com

There, I have smtp.gmail.com, which is what their config page says. I did try it with googlemail though, and it made no difference.

5. Reverb macrumors newbie

I have just set up Mail with Google Mail today and like you I can receive but sending is not happening :confused: