Gmail in Mac Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LonscaleBear, Mar 26, 2015.

1. LonscaleBear macrumors newbie

I have 4 Gmail accounts in Mac Mail on Macbook Pro running Yosemite. Mail sent from one account displays it's from another of my accounts when it reaches the recipient. The recipient then replies to the wrong account. If sent using the webmail gmail account the address displayed to the recipient is correct. Is this a known bug in Mac Mail or is there a setting I've overlooked? I would like to keep all my accounts together so I hope someone can suggest a solution. thanks

2. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

Had this happen to me as well. It has to do with your outgoing mail servers all having the same name. Mine were all just called "Gmail". You need to figure out which one is which through trial and error by sending yourself emails using the different outgoing servers and then renaming them as you figure it out (i.e. "Personal", "Company1", "Company2", "Company 3" etc.). Set up each account to only use the proper outgoing server. Then you should be all set.

3. LonscaleBear thread starter macrumors newbie

Gmail in Mac Mail

Many thanks, great answer, problem solved