Gmail/iPhone IMAP Sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hmmm4321, Feb 11, 2010.

1. hmmm4321 macrumors newbie

Hi all--

I recently got my iPhone and have synced it to my Gmail account using an IMAP connection. I'm having 2 problems:

1) It was working ok until I was sick of looking at the "Sent Mail" Label in webmail version of Gmail--so I found a website and changed some settings. HOWEVER, now 2) the problem is that it will only sync messages to my iPhone inbox that are labeled or that I have received after I changed some settings around. So any of my old emails that don't have a label will not sync.

I've tried to just delete the account via the iPhone and then create it again, but no luck.

Any help would be much much much appreciated!!! Thanks!

2. hmmm4321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Another thing...

In my inbox on my iPhone, it even shows emails that I have sent (rather than putting them in the sent mail folder).

If anyone has their gmail and iphone syncing via imap and you don't get the label "sent messages" for email you send from your iphone on your gmail, if you just let me know what settings you use, that would be incredible!!

Thanks!!