Gmail & Iphone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by adonis3k, May 28, 2015.

1. adonis3k macrumors 6502

Hi all,

for some reason recently my emails are not coming through on my computer when I have viewed them on my iPhone. I had 3 gmail accounts which I check when I get a new email but before I used to be able to view them again on my computer when I got home.
    Anyone else had this? All mine are set POP3. I have checked Gmail settings so they are kept on the server so not sure what else is going on.

Thanks

2. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Why POP3?
    They can stay on the server with IMAP as well. Except read status and such can remain in sync.

4. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502

I did try IMAP but I didn't like the way it worked. I like to view emails on my phone but when I get home like to have Mail to download them again so I have them on the computer.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

IMAP keeps them in one place, so they would be available on the phone or the computer (or another device basically).

6. adonis3k thread starter macrumors 6502

If i check them on my iphone at say work, would they still download as new emails when I get home on my mac mini? This is what used to happen.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

The emails basically stay on the server so any client (on the phone, on the computer, or just going to Gmail in a browser) that connects to the server would see the same emails.