Gmail is not getting new messages???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ShakyJay, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ShakyJay macrumors member

So I have gmail set up on MBP 13". For some reason it keeps loading my sent items and storing them in a folder called "Recovered Messages" and it is constantly reloading this folder with items that were sent back from Oct 29th specifically one item that I keep trying to move to the trash, but it keeps trying to move it back to the recovered folder???

This is screwing everything up and is not allowing any messages to be brought into the inbox, I am afraid that I may have screwed something up because now I can not get any new messages and am not alerted to new messages with the postage stamp icon-which was awesome!!

So is there a way to start over from scratch? Basically just wipe out the gmail account and re-setup what I have? I can login to it using Safari and everything is fine, but that just seems like a waste when I could one-click the postage stamp and have instant access to my email. I have searched and searched and could not find anything specifically for this problem and even tried gmails website to no avail, so any help would be great.

Bare with me-still a Mac newb.

2. ShakyJay thread starter macrumors member