gmail issues with mavericks......

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by kgflybynyte, Jun 27, 2014.

1. kgflybynyte macrumors member

that is what i have been told from apple support. i have contacted them at least 3 times (not counting the times i got disconnected and had to start over with new tech). i can be typing a new message and i have had one show up 71 times in the 'trash' another showed up 41 times. i had another the other day show up repeated times, but, this time i didn't even waste my time counting how many were there. what is going on is something is causing 'draft' to copy email at about 30 second intervals (if not quicker---hence 71 emails in trash), but, then sending it to the trash.

now, i was going to email a friend. went to my contacts and all of his info is missing---the whole contact has been deleted. i just emailed him the other day.

i was told by one tech support person that apple is aware of the problem and told me to just keep watching for updates. i was told that apparently, this is happening with people that have gmail accounts.

just curious if others (with gmail) are having issues?

btw, i have had my macbook pro for almost 3 months.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Go to gmail.com and in settings look at the labels tab. Do you have "All Mail" checked to show in IMAP? If not, check that then restart the Mail app and just leave it running all day to reindex.