Gmail Labels and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jassigal, Nov 12, 2011.

1. jassigal macrumors newbie

Is there a way to control which labels are (or are not) forwarded to my imap devices?

For instance, I have a Gmail filter set up to automatically label newsletters I subscribe to. However I dont want to receive these newsletters on my iPhone, but rather just read them via gmail.com

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The only way that I know of to accomplish that it to also have the rule auto-archive the mail. Then on gmail.com you can just click on the label to view the new mail on that label, but it won't just sit in your inbox so it isn't pulled down to the iPhone.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

The iPhone doesn't obey the "Show in IMAP" setting when it's uncheck. But if you don't open the folder it shouldn't download the messages that are in it.

Like abijnk said, the "Skip the Inbox (Archive it)" filter checked along with the "Apply the Label" should keep it off the phone unless you open that folder.

4. jassigal thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I ended up figuring that out shortly after posting this, but was hoping there was still a better solution. Thanks though!