Gmail Labels/Mail.app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by timothyjquinn, Jun 15, 2010.

1. timothyjquinn macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I know this has probably been asked a lot but I've spent the last two hours searching and I can't seem to find an answer across the web.

This is the setup I have:

I have two email addresses, one for school, the other a personal gmail address. I forward all mail from my school mail to my gmail account. In my gmail I have filters set up to automatically categorize emails based on the address sent to. If it was sent to my school email, it's automatically archived and labeled "School" and if its sent to my gmail, it's automatically archived and labeled "Gmail." Everything in that sense is working perfectly, even with Mail.app.

Where I'm getting stuck is that since I have all emails skipping my inbox, my Mail.app doesn't tell me I have new emails in the dock. It seems that the new email number count on the dock icon only pertains to the "Inbox". I cant seem to figure out how to make Mail.app count the emails that are unread that have been labeled.

Any ideas??

2. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

If you go to Mail.app's Preferences (Mail > Preferences), in the General tab, there's an option to set the Dock unread count to All Mailboxes.