Gmail not archiving messages?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phatpat, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I check my gmail account regularly through the Mail application on my iPod touch. I have it set up with IMAP. Previously when I hit the trash icon the message would get put in my "all mail" folder and removed from my inbox. The last couple days the message is going straight to the trash. How do I get it to archive messages again?

I've tried to select "all mail" in the settings for deleted messages, but it always reverts back to trash.

2. swarmster macrumors 6502a

swarmster

I have the Touch 2G and have always hit Move > All Mail. Does the same thing as "archive" on my computer. It would be neat if there was more Gmail-specific functionality like that.

(For example, Gmail's ability to pick package tracking numbers out of e-mails and link you straight to the carrier...since you know...no copy/paste. I can't believe I'm actually complaining about that...)

3. Phatpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I agree. And Gmail's ability to automatically add calendar items to your calendar.

Move--> all mail is one extra step, I hope that's not the way to go. Just talked to a friend who said he has the same problem on his iPhone.