Gmail not pushing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FortWorthMac, Mar 28, 2011.

1. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

For the last two days on my iOS devices I am not getting email from Google. I get a push notification from PushMail of which I have a filter setup from Gmail but the messages do not show up. I do however get my messages on my Mac via Sparrow.

Even more bizarre all my calendar entries are gone from my iPhone but not my iPad.

Anyone else seeing issues with Google services of late?

Thanks
    David

2. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

If you are using the exchange server then this is unfortunately normal and happens rarely. It has to do with their servers. Last time it happened to me was about a year ago and the problem lasted for about a week. After that it fixed itself and worked as it should of. Hopefully yours fixes sooner than mine did.

3. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your quick reply. And one correction, I am getting messages on my iPad but not iPhone. Both are setup as Exchange servers.

David

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

delete the account and set it up manually again. should clear it right up.

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Try deleting the account and then setting it up again. I find that the exchange server for gmail has a lot of problems.

6. jbachandouris, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I am having the same problem as well. The funny thing is that it worked just fine until I added IMAP Gmail to my Apple Mail Client as I had been using Safari/Wenb interface. First it created an extra Gmail (POP) on my iPhone when I synced. Then, the famous double notifcation problem.

Deleted, re-started, re-installed. Now, nothing (yet).

BTW is Fetch suppossed to be set to MANUAL since it is not needed with PUSH? Or should I have it on for the occassions like this where PUSH isn't working?

UPDATE: Just received an email on my MBP (web client). NO notification on iPhone at all.

7. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well thanks for the information guys, but the deleting still didn't fix it. I guess I could try adding Gmail as an IMAP server and see what happens but I'd still be missing my calendar.

Thanks agains all,
    David

8. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well this is strange.

Deleted my exchange gmail account again and re added it. I have mail and calendars enabled. Now when I click on my mail icon I get the mail setup screen.

Is it possible that something is jacked up on my phone? Being jailbroken, and still running 4.1 I really don't want to have to restore until 4.3 JB is released.

Imap seems to work but that leaves me without my calendar.

Any other options I may be overlooking?

Thanks
    David

9. jenzjen macrumors 68000

What do you mean you will be without the calendar under IMAP? I have used both exchange and IMAP with calendar sync on them both.

10. FortWorthMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it appears the problem may not be with Gmail but on my device. I mentioned a few days ago that all my appts. were gone on my iPhone. Well I deleted and readdded my gmail exchange account multiple times. Next I attempted to add my appts. via gmail and imap. Nothing. Finally tonight I signed up for the trial version of Mobile Me and I still can't get any appointments to sync up. It appears that something is corrupted on my device. Once other thing that is strange. In my Calender app, normally of course at the top left is the button to select one's calendar. Well it's gone for me.

Bizarre!

David