Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonomo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
So all of a sudden Gmail is not synching with all my devices properly.. I use Mac Mail on my Powerbook, Iphone, and iPad, but if I read the email on one device, it won't get sent to other devices.. So essentially read mails do not get pushed.. I've never had this problem until about 2 weeks ago.. Anyone have a solution? I'm thinking of stop using my Gmail because of this...

bmacir

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2009
I too, have the same problem, it all started in the past few days.

I have 3 gmail accounts, the other two are NOT affected and all three have identical settings...Just ONE of them is no longer working. The error messages I keep getting every minute or two in Mail are always different:

Additional information: The connection to the server “imap.gmail.com” on port 993 timed out.

or

The server returned the error: Account exceeded bandwidth limits. (Failure)

or

trying to log onto the IMAP server imap.gmail.com has failed. Make sure your usenermame and password is correct....

BUT, this only affects my 1 account, I've got 2 others that are active AND WORKING in Mail.

I *CAN* access my mail from the web, this is wierd!

Additional information: I am having a similar problem on my iPhone mail app, with the same account, the only difference is that the error message I am getting is "password not provided, go to the settings and type your password" or something similar. Needless to say the password isn't missing...

If anyone has any clue please feel free to give me some advice...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.