Gmail not working after setting up exchange last night...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psychotropic, Sep 24, 2009.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

I woke up this morning and opened the mail app. My emails were there and I clicked on a new email and everything became white within the mail app. I closed out, reset my iphone and know when I open up the mail app it says the connection to the server failed. I followed the instructions from google (http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=138740&topic=14252). I even deleted the email account on my phone and set it up for a second time and it isn't working. Does anyone know if there are server issues or how to solve this problem?

2. rubdom macrumors member

I am having the same issue. It was working fine yesterday. I think Google may be having some issues on their end.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

It's a gmail overall issue. Right now - gmail is having major problems (web based). If people are having problems with gmail online, I am sure it's the same on iphones.

4. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I'm having the same issue. You're not alone. I also noticed my battery draining super fast so I turned off push. I'll enable it later when the issue is resolved.

5. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i could never get my gmail to work when i set up exchange! it worked fine on it's own before exchange... but i kept getting a wrong password notice (and it wasn't wrong :mad:) so i just deleted the freakin' exchange stuff!

maybe if they fix it i'll redo it!

6. grahamrb macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem, it worked for one day but no luck any more. I tried deleting and recreating the account. Contacts and calendar seem to sync fine but mail doesn't work. Battery was also draining like crazy so I've switched off push for now. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

7. greengio macrumors newbie

not the same problem but I can't see mails before 1 sept 09... sync mail setting -> "no limits"... With IMAP works fine. I think they have to work hard if they want everything works fine... :(

8. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

well i was wondering if push gmail was fixed yet but this answers it for me

9. bozzykid macrumors 68020

It will only show 28 days of mail. This is one of the known limitations that was stated when they released it.

10. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

When you experience a problem with Gmail (or any other Google app), check the Apps Status Dashboard. This is a good first step in determining whether the problem is on your end or Google's.

http://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en