Gmail - Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whynot83706, Mar 20, 2009.

1. whynot83706 macrumors 6502

whynot83706

I think this has been happening for little over a week. I am not getting my Gmail emails, only way I get my email is if I manually check it. I have restarted my phone, removed and installed gmail on Iphone. I disabled and eanbled POP and IMAP in GMAIL settings....still nothing :mad:?

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

All is working fine for me with 3.0. You mentioned POP. That should not be enabled in your G account.

Also do not build your Gmail account using gmail on the iPhone. Use Other and follow the step by step instructions in Gmail and setting up for iPhone.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77702

3. whynot83706 thread starter macrumors 6502

whynot83706

I dont have 3.0 installed, just current version. I did turn off POP. I did follow instructions but still nothing I need to check mail manually in order to receive new mail.....any other ideas?

4. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Hmmm, the only other thing that I can think of is that I have "Fetch" turned on in settings and it fetches every hour.

Are you using an old version of Gmail or have you updated your account to the new version?

I wish I could help you out more but without physically having your phone and account its hard to figure anything else out.

I will keep searching and post back if I think of something else.

5. iPhAddict macrumors newbie

iPhAddict

Hi I'm also having the same problem. Nothing works.
    I'm running out of ideas. I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance!