Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Not only do I get notifications but the lock screen lights up and wakes me up! This suddenly started happening. Is there a way to limit the gmail lock screen notifications or make them not appear at certain hours?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Check Gmail and Mail notifications settings in Settings > Notifications

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Do not disturb mode helps at night, but it's also extreme as the amount of popups bothers me during the day. Is there a way to limit it to a certain hour or so or am I limited to extremes here?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Do not disturb mode helps at night, but it's also extreme as the amount of popups bothers me during the day. Is there a way to limit it to a certain hour or so or am I limited to extremes here?
Nothing scheduled (aside from scheduled DND that you can do with one daily setting basically). Alternatively you can change notification settings in iOS as well as within the Gmail app itself, but that's not really based on a schedule or something that would change automatically. If this is through the Mail app on the phone, you an also set up VIP senders so that you would only be notified for new emails from those and not other new emails.

Reactions: JamesMB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.