Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakerider017

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
US of A
Well both Gmail Notifier and Gmail have been acting weird for me lately.

Gmail Notifier will now occasionally announce a new message when there is not one. Ex. Sometimes the notifier will pop up and say I have a new message, when in fact the message being announced is an unread message that is in my inbox, that is a few days old.

Gmail is acting the worse.

In Safari mailto (e-mail links) no longer works. When I click on an e-mail link it starts to redirect to google, but then just sits on a page and says loading. I have to close the page, and copy the address manually.

Also, quite frequently in gmail using Safari, gmail will "lock up". None of the links within Gmail will work, but Safari will still be running fine. Reloading gmail may fix the problem temporarily, but it will likely return soon.

Anyone else having any of these issues?

alawrence101

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
Same problems here. It's pretty frustrating. Firefox isn't having the "lock up" problems, so I'm switching to it for the time being.

I've had problems with GMail in the past when they were in the process of making updates, and they went away after a week or so. Hopefully they're aware of the problem and working on them. Not sure if there's much else to do.

annsmac

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2008
Google strange..........gmail too

Yes, I'm having the same issues......the URL doesn't complete..........gmail notifies me over and over again.........I can't delete some messages (it freezes) I reboot, repair permissions, reboot and I even uninstalled the gmail notifier and reinstalled a new versions. Aliens have taken over.

Help!:eek:

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
The Gmail notifier always announces unread messages, even if they are millions of years old. I too am having the URL problem, I thought it was a craigslist problem. I suspect that you should see if there is an update to the plugin or see if you can find an older, working, version.

TEG

OrangeSVTguy

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I've never had no problems with gmail and I just installed the notifier. I'm running Tiger 10.4.11 and I also use Firefox and not Safari. I really missed the notifier since I've been using it XP for a few years. Was cool when I just saw it was available for Mac.

htd2007

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Google Notifier Mac keeps starting VMWARE Fusion, how to disable

Just replaced Parallels with VMWARE Fusion (sorry if wrong thread)
VM works great, no problem, except now in Mac when I hit the notifier to go to my Gmail inbox (safari) on Mac side, VMWARE starts instead(!) I tried disabling sharing , etc. but still does it. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.