Gmail Notifier - Multiple Accounts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bp1000, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Perhaps this topic has been done to death judging by what i found when i searched but i'm still non the wiser.

I'm looking for a decent toolbar or dock app that will check multiple gmail / google apps accounts for new mail and notify.

I've tried Notifier 2.1 and just didn't like it so won't be purchasing it.

I've been using gmail now for 7 years so it's hard to go back to desktop apps (regardless of how good mac mail is) plus thats a lot of mail to download from 3 heavy usage accounts. Also, sent mail from mac mail.app isn't syncing with the sent box in a non gmail account. So ideally the notifier could also do non gmail accounts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

2. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

Notify: http://vibealicious.com/apps/notify/

Works with any IMAP account. The good news is that it really is a gem, as you can read the message with this app alone. The bad news is that the dev walked away from the app. The good news is that it still works with Lion, AND the dev's site is now in give-away mode, complete with instructions as to how to license it (download, drag & drop --- Tap the BUY link for these details.) I suspect this will likely tide you/us over until you/we discover a worthy replacement app.