Gmail offline: Where Does OS X Store my Gmail Offline Files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Mar 11, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I've been using Gmail offline for years now, however since landing in China, Gmail has not given my offline access, of which has been crucial considering most parts of the rural China i'm at does not have any internet access.

I'm ready to make the switch to Apple's native Mail app, though before doing so am eager to find out where in OS X does Gmail offline store all those offline emails---so I can delete them and start anew with Mac's Mail App. :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Mail stores all your emails in the Mail folder in your home folder, in mbox format. to start afresh delete ~/Library/Mail and ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Took a little searching, but here it is.

Mac OS X

* Firefox: Database files are stored in the user profile directory. Users//Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/{PROFILE}.default/Google Gears for Firefox
    * Safari: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Google Gears for Safari

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I don't think he is talking about the mail app. Gmail Offline!

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Worked beautifully, thank you so much. The house i'm currently staying at has odd WiFi, that allows me into Gmail sometimes, and into the Mac App Store at odd times of the day. Others here are complaining but we're doing our best to work around the issues.

I'm now off to use the native Mail app on my Mac, but am also thinking about trying out Sparrow, but only if I can connect to the Mac App Store.

Thanks again! :D:D:D

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

When you set your Mail.app up, set i up as IMAP, and use these directions...It will work great like this. Don't forget that you need to access your Gmail settings in the web app and enable IMAP.
    http://5thirtyone.com/apple/how-to-proper-gmail-imap-for-iphone-apple-mail/

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thanks again. It seems the Mac App Store isn't available in our household, though I can connect while at the school I teach...but thats' a ways away, so looks like MAIL App here I come!

8. willster macrumors newbie

Offline Mail for iPhone / iPad

We've developed an App for iPhone and iPad called Offline Mail. It stores all of your email offline and allows you to access it and search it really quickly. Its a drop in replacement for the iOS mail client which is really poor at this. Offline Mail can search years of email in seconds. Have a look and let us know what you think.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/offline-mail-email-gmail-imap/id470659075?mt=8