Gmail on Leopard - attachments not downloading

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AeroBar, May 17, 2009.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have just set up my mail app to work with Gmail.
    however when I try to save the photos that are in the e-mails nothing happens.
    I get the option to send to iPhoto, but they don't appear there.
    I have to download all attachments from my Gmail page.
    any thoughts?

cheers

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I've had this same problem with getting some photos from an email recently in Mail.app with my Gmail IMAP account. I ended up downloading them through the Gmail webmail page instead. Not sure if this is an issue with Mail.app, Gmail, or a combination of both. Any others with this issue?

3. Lyddiegal macrumors newbie

A few days ago while using Mail (which had been working perfectly fine) the grey veil of death* ascended upon my screen.

After restarting the computer, when I opened up mail, I was told there was a problem and that I would have to rebuild my mailbox. After doing so, everything seemed just fine - only now I am experiencing the same problem of attachments not downloading.

In addition to this I am now having another, even weirder problem - when i get a new message I open it only to discover an old message in the body! When I check on the web and my iPhone, the new message is there, and I don't know how to get mail to display the correct message!