Gmail problem on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rembrandt, Aug 24, 2010.

1. rembrandt macrumors newbie

Hi

Recently set up gmail on ipad and working fine until today when unable to receive incoming gmail due to error message username and password incorrect.

Gmail still working fine on PC and not changed anything on ipad

Anyone any ideas.

Please keep simple as not at all techy.

Thanks in advance

2. quattrocoupe macrumors newbie

I had the same issue yesterday. Deleting the Gmail account and resetting it up did the trick for me.

JB

3. rsc2000 macrumors newbie

Gmail Issues On Ipad

Over the past couple weeks, starting around the second week of August 2011, My Gmail inbox on my Ipad has been flooded with thousands and thousands of unread emails with received dates dating back years. In fact as I'm looking at the inbox, the indicator that shows the number of unread emails jumps from single digits upwards to 5,500 then back down into the hundreds and it then spikes again all within minutes. Additionally, the Ipad feature to only show 200 emails at once stopped working during this time. Additionally, the inbox jumps from showing recent read/unread messages in the past couple days to unread messages that then jump back April 2011. The inbox display is missing months and months of emails, read or unread.

When checking my Gmail account from a non Ipad system, my inbox appears normal in terms of the inbox display. Ie. there doesn't appear to be any gaps in emails based on the received date, however, that too shows thousands and thousands of unread messages dating back years and the spam folder shows thousands of emails dating back close to 6mths even though I delete the spam folder contents weekly.

Because it's faster to manage large volumes of gmail emailsl on a standard non Ipad system, I've accessed my gmail account via my laptop and deleted thousands of emails that continue to display in gmail on my Ipad. There seems to be both a display and message count sync issue between the ipad gmail app and regular web based gmail via googles site. I've even deleted the app on the ipad and reconfigured it and it still doesn't fix these issues.