gmail problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Papa Goose, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Papa Goose macrumors newbie

Papa Goose

I use gmail account and have it set to imap, so if I send mail from mac mail on my iMac or MBP, the other machine has it as a mirror so they are always the same. If I send a mail from my iPhone it appears in sent items on my phone, but does not appear in gmail so neither the imac or MBP can pick it up.

Another problem is that for some reason the inbox on the phone has a huge blank from the 22nd Aug - 6th Sept on the iphone, yet the mails are on both mac and in gmail:confused:

I googled 'till my fingers bleed, deleted the account of the phone and set it up using the auto and manual settings on the gmail config page, but the problem remains. So can a MacRumours guru put me out of my misery, and help me out or am I doomed to having to cc myself on every email I send from my iPhone.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Try setting the account up as Microsoft Exchange on your iPhone.

Email: your email
    Domain: leave blank
    Username: your email
    Password: your password
    Description: whatever you want

Tap "Next"

Server: m.google.com

3. Papa Goose thread starter macrumors newbie

Papa Goose

No change

sorry for the late reply.

I did that no change, I deleted all mail accounts and tried setting it as exchange again, still didn't work. SO... I deleted it again re-entering the gmail the instruction for mac NOT iphone to set it as imap, and just left the email address OFF the outgoing server and hey presto:D

Setting were:
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=180188

4. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

I'm going to bump this thread because I'm having the same problem and have no idea on how to solve it. Starting today, there was a 2 week gap in my inbox on my iPhone only (December 15th-26th, the mail is there on the server and on my Mac. I've tried deleting the account and re-adding it. I've tried to set it up at a true imap with no luck.

I've tried restoring my phone from a backup and no luck with that either.

I did set it up as an Exchange and that created its own problems (only the most recent ~30 messages were showing up, and no outgoing messages were showing up).

Any help would be great.....wife is 9 months pregnant, and I need access to my email while in the hospital.