Gmail problems

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by barry222, Jan 15, 2014.

1. barry222 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Not sure if I have gone about this the correct way,(new member), but I will make a start.

My wife got her ipad2 in Sept last year. A gmail account was set up, and ran well until this year, when she could not receive her emails. Sending was ok. We downloaded gmail app on advice,, and it too was ok for a while. However more recently the email page sometimes locks up, and we can not complete. A "x" appears over the top of the horizontal bars LH top corner of page. Other times we can complete the email.

I have been onto the Google/gmail support forum, and was advised that I might experience fewer gremlins if I were to go to icloud email, since Apple have developed this for Apple products. This is not the case with gmail it appears.

Is it the case that gmail does have current unfixed problems, and that icloud will be better. Or is it really the case that there are no good email systems around.

I have been using bigpond on my MacBook, without fault, for a long time. Anyone using Bigpond on their ipad2 without fault ???

Hope there is a solution. We are pulling our hair out using gmail.

Thanks, Barry

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Gmail works well and if it doesn't there's either a problem with the (1) account setup, (2) the device software, or (3) the setup at Gmail (web interface). Double check everything for 1 and 3.