Gmail Push not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ltn, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ltn macrumors member

Hi guys, has anyone had issues with the gmail push today using google sync? My phone keeps asking for my password and I put it in but tells me it is invalid. Now if I use my other gmail account (regular one through the iphone mail) I can get my mail perfectly fine. I tried deleting the account and making a new one but it gives me the same error. Any help would be great.

2. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

i was having trouble with gmail sync. i have it set up like you do as well via exchange settings. i dont keep push turned on. However, yesterday it would take hours for email that was appearing in my inbox on my PC to show up on the phone itself:confused:

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Sometimes Google is down. When I'm surfing the web, and I try and go on Google.ca I notice it doesn't work. And during those times, I don't receive emails. Once it goes up, I'm back in business. So just give it some times, and try again.

4. evarian macrumors member

use pushmail instead. I've tried all of the gmail push apps but this one is by far the most reliable

5. ltn thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys for the responses. I kind of assumed their servers or something was down.

6. djltoronto macrumors member

Nothing to do with google sync is working on my phone today

All my contacts are gone (still in gmail on the web)

I can access gmail VIA IMAP on my phone no problems, but my entire contact list is blank now, and my calendar is not syncing - but at least all the calendar entries are still on the phone..

WTF is going on with google sync? I need my contacts back