GMAIL Push - Problems & Issues Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eezing, Sep 22, 2009.

1. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Please post any problems you're having with Gmail Push.

- Unable to download folders to mail app. Inbox is the only thing displayed and I can't view emails within it.

- I can receive the push notification badge on mail app, but its taking longer than expected (over 2 minutes).

2. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Did you go to Settings > Mail > Gmail > Mail Folders to Push

And check all of your folders?

3. eezing thread starter macrumors 6502

eezing

Well, I've selected all but my "All Mail" and "Spam" folders.

4. eezing thread starter macrumors 6502

eezing

Ahhh, the old reboot solved the problem. Thanks for your suggestion.

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

All of your "problems & issues" can be explain by the heavy server load they are experiencing.

6. eezing thread starter macrumors 6502

eezing

Wrong.... I had to reboot my device in order to get my folders downloaded. I don't know exactly why, but rebooting solved my issue.

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Maybe not. You phone more then likely got stuck when it timed out (because of server loads) and rebooting just reset the connection, so not entirely wrong, but thanks.

8. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

I absolutely love the new Gmail push for email. Even though I have my own MobileMe account, I use my Gmail account for less personal things. It is always good to get emails faster, and with this service it is almost as good as MobileMe's service.

9. heyp macrumors 6502

for the "Mail Folders to Push" is it best to select all of them? right now i only have inbox selected. i'm not sure if this is related but when i delete an email on the iphone, it removes it from the inbox but if it has another label on it, it will keep the email under that label as if it is unread when i really want it to send it to trash.

10. erikrocks macrumors newbie

I love having push gmail, but it looks like it is quickly filling up any/all free space on my iPhone. Is there any way to instruct the phone to leave x-amount of messages on the server so that I can just browse them when I need to see them? Thanks.