gmail push unreliable since ios7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by bp1000, Oct 14, 2013.

1. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Another thorn in the side for this bitter sweet partnership is ever since installing ios7 on my 5 and then getting a 5s my gmail push has been unreliable.

It would often fail to push mail and i would receive email in batches. This is of course using a business apps account that still supports push.

I also have a personal gmail account set up using 1 hour fetch. I get my mail on iMac instantly but it takes some time to come through on the phone, but the behaviour is random, sometimes it works fine. I'm well within signal, cell and wifi.

Anyone else experiencing this? Would it even be an Apple problem?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Google stopped supporting push for Gmail. I'm in the same boat you are. I merely forwarded my Gmail to outlook.com which does support push.

3. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

He said he's using the business apps, which DO support push.

OP while I personally haven't had any issues, you might have better luck on the google support forums.

4. Dibberly macrumors newbie

Generally Gmail push it's been ok....but yesterday it was a bit hit n miss (on a personal account)

But then I don't know if there was a problem in the uk as my iMessages were coming in and when I looked at the lock screen it said something like 17min.....but I just received it!!!

Not sure about today yet