Gmail Question???

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mathiss02, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mathiss02 macrumors newbie

Since google shut down he exchange version of its email i have been struggling to find something that works. I use the Gmail app but I don't receive half of my mail. Does anyone have a suggestion?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

3. deep1 macrumors regular

This steup:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1639069&highlight=outlook

else use Mailbox or other 3rd party app, I have above setup and works like charm.

4. liteshow macrumors regular

Can you please elaborate about receiving only half your email? I am using the gmail app and have no issues.

5. nperei macrumors member

Half of your mail ? go to you gmail setting Set it "Mail Days to Sync No Limit"
    I'm assuming that you want to see all your previous mail.

6. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

I find the Apple Mail app works perfectly for gmail, it's far superior to the gmail app which doesn't allow you to read previously received emails if you don't have network connectivity.

7. liteshow macrumors regular

nperei, that setting is for the built-in mail app using Gmail as exchange. The OP is talking about the Gmail app.

8. TheSponge macrumors member

9. bozzykid macrumors 68020

The Gmail app shows all your mail so I don't know what you mean. If you are talking about notifications then change it from important to all new mail in the settings.

10. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I switched to outlook for the same reason. For now I am trying it out, and so far I like it a lot more. The outlook.com is so much cleaner to me, easy to navigate, don't look cheap looking, and just nice.

I personally don't want to use different email apps for all my email. I like to have it all in one place.

I use .Me as my main email, but I need another one for iTunes. I also liked Gmail and now outlook for the 2 step verification security also which .Me doesn't have (yet).