Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Would you be up for a Gmail redesign? I know the best part of Gmail is it's simplicity (among other things), but I find myself thinking that the interface is a bit outdated?

What do you think?

snverhallen

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Of course, but it would have to be easier to use. Don't go changing things for the sake of change.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Of course, but it would have to be easier to use. Don't go changing things for the sake of change.

Agreed, kind of goes in line with don't change a winning team. I just think it could use a little "modernization"?

snverhallen

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
The best part of gmail is the free cloud storage. Past that, i don't really care what it looks like.

(I like old things anyway. You know, stuff like a black 1938 Pontiac coupe with a red pinstripe. Or am I imagining that my great-great-aunt's car had that red pinstripe?)

Actually I dunno if I am so fond of gmail's labels and all that associated process of assigning and removing them. I wonder how many people use them when just searching for what you want in all mail is as easy or easier.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Haha. You read my mind!
I use Gmail. It's simple and easy to use, and it manages my email needs well.
An interface change would be nice, but I would also like to keep it's simple interface at the same time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.