gMail send from and archiving

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gianthobbit, Aug 13, 2010.

1. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

So I have some accounts that gMail fetches (like my primary business) and on the full gMail browser version I can manually select what account to send from. I have it send by default my business email, not my gMail one. This is setting is set right in gMail account settings, send all mail from the default.

None of my mail however comes through that way, it all comes through with the gMail as the sender... anyway around this?

Also, for you gMail users, the feature where it fetches all your previous email conversations in the threaded mode. Is there a way to get that as well? I have gMail setup through Microsoft Exchange and it does not do that. I had it setup via the actual gMail method for a while to trouble shoot another issue and I got one email that mysteriously did this, wondering if it was a bug or feature. Also gMail does not seem to push through this method and it doe svia the Exchange, is that normal?

2. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone please verify this for me? Does the normal gMail mail setup push email the same as the exchange? That is my main concern.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Only the exchange version pushes.

To turn on or off threaded mode, Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Organize By Thread to ON or OFF.

To set the default account, Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Default Account to the email address you desire.

Alternatively, when replying you can click on the From: field (twice) and select the account you want and it'll let you switch. Useful if you want to do it on a per basis.