Gmail to iCloud questions

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by pettifogger06, Oct 26, 2011.

1. pettifogger06 macrumors member

All,

I know there are multiple problems that people encounter when trying to sync secondary sources. However, I think I need a more remedial explanation of what is happening.

I have an MBP, an iPad 1, and a 4s. Prior to getting the 4s I had an Android phone, and used Google Sync. My iCal generally matched my phone.

When I switched to the 4s, Google Sync added the contacts to my iPhone. Additionally, my calendar entries from iCal/Google show up.

However, my iCloud doesn't seem to sync with anything. I suppose my question is whether the problem is iCloud's inability to pull information from Google, or whether my contacts and Calendar on my 4s/MBP should sync with iCloud even though they originated from Google Sync.

2. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

I don't think there is anyway to have Google and iCloud sync with each other. On the Mac, it flat out refuses. On iOS, everything associated with GoogleSync is ignored by iCloud and vice versa.