Gmail ->Yahoo! Push Question (don't kill me)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogdogg, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ogdogg macrumors 6502

I am considering setting up a Yahoo! mail account and forwarding my gmail to Yahoo! and have some questions for someone who has done it.

Does push work well when forwarding from gmail?

Can you set your replies to look like they are still coming from your gmail account?

Any pros/cons that you noticed and weren't expecting?

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I do it that way with my gmail. I forward that to my yahoo and then yahoo pushes it to my iphone.
    The replies from yahoo show that they're comign from yahoo since thats where you're replying from.
    The con's? Eh..other than the reply issue thats about it for me. Maybe others have issues, but I'm not a big gmail user like others so it hasn't affected me.

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

The trick to the reply part is having your Gmail on your phone too, then you can change the "from field" replying to GMail.

So I don't see dupe e-mails, I forward to Yahoo and have GMail Archive the forwarded e-mail.

4. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I'm going to try this when I get home from work. Do you have to change the 'from' field every time or is there a way to always reply from 1 address regardless of where you send it from?

5. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I've tried yahoo mail and it's push service is really unreliable.. Sometime it would push right away other times it would take hours.. Like I said for me the only one that works without a problem is a mobile me account.. I know it's costs money but I use it for more than just that..

James