gMusic Not Logging In Anymore

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by djinn, Jun 4, 2013.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I was wondering if I could get some help with this. I used to be able to use gMusic to listen to my Google Music subscription. Now it's saying my login is invaild. Their help metnions 2 Factor which I enabled to see if that would fix it, nope.

Any suggestions?

2. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

My boss uses this app on his iPhone and he was telling me about two days ago that he had bought it but had been unable to log in until recently. He was not sure why it suddenly started working, maybe the new Google Play Music changes some stuff that fixed the login issues?

Did you try login into Google Play Music via the browser and then on the app? Do you have the latest version of gMusic/iOS?

3. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

It works via Web and Nexus 4 phone with no problems. Might need to email the devs on this one.

Thank you for the reply.

----------

I sent a support email to gMusic and here is the auto-reply:

"If you are emailing because your gMusic abruptly quit working, this is what's up: Google has changed the way some of the back-end programming works. This is causing gMusic to not work right. now. The update has already been submitted to Apple

Thank you in advance!

Unfortunately, since gMusic is a third-party app I don't get any notice when Google decides to change things. Hopefully Apple will approve the update soon."

Hope this helps anyone that is experiencing the same problem.