Go ahead and order your July 2 iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobsentell, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

you may still get it earlier. There is a good chance that both AT&T and Apple cut off June 24 shipments until they can process the orders they have now. Those in the grey are have already received emails saying as such. But AT&T and Apple could still have a few phones left after they get rid of the paperwork backlog. That would push your July 2 to June 24 if you got in early enough. Also, Apple may have the Foxxcon guys skip their company swim time.

Of course, it could work the other way around where they have more orders than phones. If that is the case, you can kiss sitting out in front of the store on the 24th good-bye.

2. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I just finished pre ordering 2 iPhone 4's 16 GB, and at the screen where it says your reservation is confirmed, and it says 'Thanks for reserving your iPhone for pickup at the Apple Retail Store on June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m. You’ll receive an email confirmation shortly and we’ll have your iPhone ready and waiting for you when you come in to the store to pick up and pay.' so do I pick it up on the 24th??

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Agree

I still think most who have a July 2nd date will get it several days before that

4. casedogg311 macrumors member

Yea. And you'll NEED to be there on the 24th. COB on the 24th your phone is up for grabs.

5. Vatche macrumors member

June 24th, July 2nd does it really matter. When your hearts set on the white model. Bummer. :mad:

6. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

I got my order in finally last night, but my ship date is July 2... The email says to expect it between the 6th, & the 8th..... Frustrating... I really don't want to wait... I guess I should consider myself lucky.. Seems like many others have had much more trouble. Do you guys have different ship dates?

7. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

You didn't pre-order your phones, you reserved them. Pre-orders are linked to credit card accounts and charged automatically once they ship to your house, while reservations are only linked to your phone number and AppleID, and you have to pay for it on the 24th (no later), in the store you reserved at.

8. CJayC macrumors 6502

9. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I agree with this. It's going to be impossible to get an iPhone 4 on launch day without waiting in line overnight. If I were in that situation, I would pre-order as soon as I could and just receive it early July.