Go ahead and sell your iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loves2spoon, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I was unsure so I called 611 and talked to a supervisor so I thought I would post my findings since I saw a couple other threads about it.

Anyone with a $30 data plan before June 7th can now sell there iPhone's and swap there sim cards into another device (smart phone or not) until the iPhone 4 comes out and not have your account's data plan changed.

Do not call 611 and change the IMEI # or you will lose your data plan.

I get to use this for the next couple weeks... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think that this is well known but I guess the mire that this I formation gets out the better.

3. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I was under the impression that if you swapped sim cards your data would be dropped since AT&T would see your using another device not compatible with the $30 data plan. Glad I called to make sure.

(not that I don't fully trust macrumors members... lol)

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It's all about the plan, not the phone. Just don't cancel your data plan. I'm going phoneless from yesterday until the 24th don't really need a phi e while I'm not at school anyway.

5. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

i just sold mine on ebay for $325 and shipping it out in the morning, im gonna be using the wifes old blackberry with a cracked screen for the next 2 weeks and it likes to shut itself off randomly. Hope i make it through it! lol