Go away Apple T_T

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThomasShaped, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

So my MacBook recently died. It suffered an HD Failure and wouldn't boot anymore so I took it to the Mac Doctor (my local Apple Repair Place) to get checked out and then repaired. Sure enough it was an HD Failure so, still under my original 1 year warranty, I put it in for repair.

I waited a week. I waited 2 weeks. I waited 3 weeks. Still no MacBook. I phoned multiple times and they told me the part they ordered was there and they would "Get right on to fix it"

Another week passed. Nothing. I eventually went down to the Shop and demanded that I recieve my MacBook back but was then told that Apple said my computer was not under Warranty anymore. I purchased my computer on the 22nd of September of 2006. Not under warranty is utter s***. They told me they would get in touch with me tomorrow about the whole situation.

I don't usually get so upset about such a thing about putting a computer in for repair but all this faffing about over somehting as trivial as replacing a Hard Drive is not on. I have important things to do on my Mac too! I have a video project due in soon and I need my Mac back for that. I also can't download photos from my camera or sync my iPod.

Apple have really disappointed me. :mad:

Sorry for the rant.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

OK, take a step back.

Is it Apple, or was it the independent service shop who has sat on it for weeks? I think you need to find a better Apple dealer.

Also, the only reason Apple thinks its out of warranty is that you never registered the machine with Apple -- so they are going by the manufactured date not your purchase date. Apple doesn't know the actual purchase date until you register your Applecare on the machine.

Edit: BTW - you might consider editing your thread title, it's entirely predictable that that title will attract flaming.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Surely you have proof of the purchase date? ...That's all you need.

Besides, I wouldn't blame Apple - I'd blame your computer shop. Sounds like they are just looking to excuse their delay.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

So you're having Mac Doctor repair your MacBook, they're giving you bad service, so you're getting mad at Apple? I fail to see how Mac Doctor giving you bad service has anything to do with Apple's service.

5. ThomasShaped thread starter macrumors regular

I know.. i know.. I <3 Apple really :)

I'm just angry at the warranty denial thing 'cause I did register. :( (the title is directed at that >_>)

And yeah.. I am more angry at the repair shop.. But it's the only place in Glasgow that repairs Macs..

Edit:

Yeah, I'll do that. Don't want a flame war 'cause of me.

6. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

It took me 3 months to get my dad's G5 replaced.

They replaced it with a mac pro though.

I'm seriously trying to be pissed off, but I can't be disappointed with the outcome. My dad was pissed he couldn't start on his video editing project, but he's happy now.

The odd part is, I sold him that G5 so I could buy my mac pro.