Go back does not work on splitViewController

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by IchBinAusMunich, Oct 3, 2012.

1. IchBinAusMunich, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012

IchBinAusMunich macrumors newbie

I develop the app for iPad where I use a splitViewController.
    The structure is: a splitViewController connects master as a master via a default NavigationController. Then, I have a segue from master1 to master2 and it works fine.
    When I segue, on top I can see a back button. But I have to implement this "go back" functionality programmatically. And here is a problem.
    I tried several options ,mostly using
    Code:
    [[presentingViewController dismissModalViewController]
    or
    Code:
    sptliViewController viewController] objectatindex 0] dismissModalVC
    and nothing happens.
    The first line of code perfectly works on iPhone app but not in iPad
    I would appreciate a lot if somebody could assist me in resolving this issue.
    Thanks in advance

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Alright, following you so far.

And now I'm confused. "Master as a master"? What do you mean by that? Do you mean that your left-hand side view, normally referred to as the master in a split view, is presented within a navigationController?

Great. So you're saying that there's a push segue from one view (master1) to another view (master2), all within the left-side of the split view?

Why do you feel you need to implement the "go back" functionality? As part of a navigationController, it should automatically be handled for you.

UISplitViewControllers don't work on the iPhone not I'm not sure why you would even be testing your app on it.