Go in now or wait!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CrazyKenyan, Dec 13, 2007.

1. CrazyKenyan macrumors newbie

Hello mac lovers! First of all, am new to the forum, this is my first post & unfortunately, it's a question. Seems like mac users are like "cult brothers". I bet all of you here swear by your powerful machines! Okay, I have been a pc user ever since I could use computers and ocassionally use macs at school.:apple: I recently bought an hp pavilion notebook and sold it on ebay a week later cos of annoying vista! I am freakin' tired of vista keeping asking me to allow and its slow as crap too!:mad: Now, am looking into getting MBP and I know Macworld expo is in a month. Do you all think it's worth waiting to see what Steve has to offer or not come January 15. I have a gutt feeling something big is coming for MBP, its due for some TLC. Thanks y'all & soon i'll pledging and joining the mac cult!:) - CrazyKenyan

2. amrk47 macrumors regular

u kno you can turn off that vista firewall thing

3. CrazyKenyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I knwo I can do that but still, I don't think vista is a good OS anyways! XP is better than Vista! Anyways, I guess me owning no more pcs :mad:! It's okay, Im joining a better cult! The few, the proud, the satisfied, the mac users!:apple:

4. lbeaumont macrumors member

I am in pretty much the same boat.

My LG laptop broke roughly two months ago. I have been really close to buying a current MBP, but have decided to wait to see what MWSF brings. Afterall, it is only a month away and I dont really 'need' a laptop until March when uni starts.

The reason I have waited because, although technology updates very quickly, it would feel worse (to me) to buy a current MBP and see it get an updated - even a small one - than to wait this one month.

I too have a hunch something decent will happen to the MBP - but we will wait and see, I guess.

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe the original MacBook Pro was released at MacWorld. Definitely wait. It's really not that far from now and you'll be so happy you did.

6. spring macrumors regular

If I were you I would wait. As for me, I actually bought a MBP last month simply because I sold my last laptop and I needed something to replace it with. I could have actually waited to sell my old laptop on Jan and wait for the new MBP, but by then my old laptop probably wouldn't sell as much as I sold it for.

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

It's just a few weeks away - wait and then decide.

8. skuzzy macrumors member

Wait, unless of course you need it right now.

9. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

How many of these threads do we need? MacWorld is a few weeks away, just wait.

10. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Wait and don't be stupid like me and buy one before Macworld.

11. CrazyKenyan thread starter macrumors newbie

:apple:Thanx y'all! I'm definately waiting:D! Now off to Michigan for some ice fishing! Happy macdays:apple:!

12. ctodd111 macrumors newbie

Will refurb prices drop?

If a new MBP is introduced at MWSF, will that drop the prices on the current MBP refurbs?

13. heatmiser macrumors 68020

No. Refurb prices never drop.

14. CrazyKenyan thread starter macrumors newbie

:apple:But don't y'all think that the price of teh current MPB will be sliced if new generation of MBP is announced? Just like they sliced the iPhone prices!:apple:

15. heatmiser macrumors 68020

They'll simply move the current MBPs into the refurbished section. The prices themselves won't come down; the iPhone was a new product, and can't be used as a reference to how Apple deals with their computer lines (which follow an established price pattern).

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Unfortunately that's the wrong info.

Refurb prices do drop after introduction of new products. Please don't give out wrong information.

I would wait, unless you absolutely need something now, and the productivity gain will be more than the cost to get a new machine.

17. heatmiser macrumors 68020

You're the one giving out wrong information--the prices of refurbished items Do Not Drop in the computer store. That's why the cheapest Macbooks are $900, and the cheapest MBPs hover around $1700. The models simply get updated, but the core prices don't drop below a certain base level, in the same way the new MB/P prices never drop below $1100 and $2000 respectively.