Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Riviera122

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
WOW! You must be really popular for your friends having to make plans with you 3 weeks in advance!!

Stop making preassumptions. The only reason why it is so early is because it's the date of a local gig that my friends want to go and see.

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
I'd get it early in the morning if you can, play with it until the evening then go out. That way, when you get home you'll be excited to use it again after a break. But this plan needs you to not be working on release day.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Stop making preassumptions. The only reason why it is so early is because it's the date of a local gig that my friends want to go and see.

You should probably go out and get/hangout with friends if you really need to ask on this public forum.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Surely it depends on what your friends want you to do..

If it's go to the pub, cinema etc.. Something you could do on any other night and isn't a big deal, then yes, stay at home.

If it's somthing more serious and requires meticulous planning such as accompanying them to the hospital and donating them a kidney, then... Na forget it, stay at home and e joy your iPad.... ;)

No in all seriousness if it's somthing special and meaningful to your friend - go with them.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
A friend has just invited me to go out with them on the 25th March, the iPad 2's release date internationally. I was planning to pick up an iPad and have the whole evening playing around with it, but obviously this has put a pretty big bullethole into that plan.

What should I do?

Ok, this HAS to get the vote for most rediculous question ever posed on the forums. If not, top 5 for sure.

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
Is going out with your friends a rare opportunity? I guess it must be if you are planning it three weeks in advance. But just do what you want to do, neither events really seem like that big of a life decision...

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
A friend has just invited me to go out with them on the 25th March, the iPad 2's release date internationally. I was planning to pick up an iPad and have the whole evening playing around with it, but obviously this has put a pretty big bullethole into that plan.

What should I do?

You have to be joking with this question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.