Go! Sports: Skydiving

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Feb 7, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Go! Sports Skydiving just came out on the US PSN (and I think European too). Looks pretty good and it's only $5 so I decided to get it. I'll say how it is when the 500mb download finishes. Anyone else get this?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Let us know how it is.. not convinced but wait with enthusiasm and interest.

3. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Never thought I would see a game about falling down. :rolleyes:

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've been liking it so far. Different levels, character customization, online (well..... not many people on now but... :\), and split-screen. There is formation mode where you move around and attach to other people in formation and landing, where you do tricks and then pull out your parachute and try to hit the target. The controls take some getting used to but the game is pretty good overall and it's nice and cheap ;).

5. badlydrawn macrumors newbie

badlydrawn

Is it only sixaxis motion control or also analog?

Been playing these PSN games more often then AAA games lately.

6. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Mostly sixaxis. It only uses analog for pulling the parachute strings to turn faster.

7. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'll have to check this one out. Sounds different enough that it might be fun.

There's a level on the PSP game Ape Escape Academy that is about free-falling, where you collect and avoid objects as you fall. The mechanic is not entirely unlike Tempest.

For some unfathomable reason, the title makes me think of the old Shiny game RC Stunt Copter for the PS1 or PS2. Anyone recall that game? I really wanted to like it, since it was a lot cheaper than actually buying and destroying several RC copters.:D Was kinda pants, though.

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I love any Ape Escape game, Piposaru's rule! :p

Listen to this, the tune is so catchy you will be singing it for days! http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/sarusaru/

I prefere to fly and crash my real RC Helicopters, though my wallet sometimes takes a larger punch than I like when I crash em :)

Ed

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

[​IMG]

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

nice :)

now make my burger look like that!

11. skydivewollong macrumors newbie

Skydiving is an enthusiastic game which will be very interesting. I too went to have a look a to see this game for first time and I have become fan of it.