Go -> Stand -> Receive Nothing! Thx Apple!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CTK2651, Jul 25, 2008.

1. CTK2651 macrumors member

Oh well such is life! :(

Checked Apple online inventory last night (7/24) and it clearly shows Clarendon, VA (USA) Apple store has ALL models of 3G phones, Green across the board!

Get in line at 7:05AM and I am the 24 person in line. Line grows to 50-60+ and at 8:15AM or so the Apple employee/manager comes out of the store and states " Very, very sorry, inventory was wrong, talked to corporate, talked to surrounding stores in DC area, limited or no stock. Only have 8 phones, sorry!"

And there is more, he continues...

"Will have stock tomorrow and a new system to sell. Starting Saturday, you will receive a voucher for a phone therefore no need to stand in line once you have voucher. Good for that day."

Can we get voucher since inventory system was screwed up? Apple employee states, "No! Voucher system starts tomorrow, come back tomorrow."

If we come back tomorrow, can we come to the front of the line? Apple employee - No! Wouldn't be fair to those in line.

Arghhhhh! :mad:

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

that's the way it has been. why not just wait till it's readily available insted of standing in line.

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Gee whiz, that sucks. The deli department in my local grocery store is more high tech then that. :(

4. CTK2651 thread starter macrumors member

eplchamps0304

Well I was going to wait, but had the time and the inventory level show they had stock so ...:eek:

But what do you mean that's how its been? Running out of inventory because of hugh lines /demand is one thing. Admitting the inventory system was wrong and they had little to no stock and not all models of what they had is another. Not offering a voucher or way to compensate for their admitted mistake is poor customer service.

5. wronski macrumors 6502

I would never go before the store actually opens since you can't confirm anything with the employees.

6. Sphere777 macrumors newbie

Yeah same thing happened to me, inventory checker showed green but the manager came out at 9 and announced that they had ZERO phones. However, they did hand out vouchers that we could come back and use to bypass the line. It wasn't a same day thing either, we could come back whenever.

If you really want one, I'd just cut your losses and show up at 6am. If you're one of the first 5 people, odds are you'll get one. It's a lot nicer to sit outside the store for a while and then go straight to a salesperson when they open rather than waiting outside only to have to wait in MORE lines inside while the activation process crawls along. It's the wait for activation that really, really sucks.

7. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

go cry and make a thread about it..... o wait.