Go to Sleep!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theironist08, Jan 14, 2011.

1. theironist08 macrumors regular

This is a problem I really want to fix, its quite annoying. I had a guy do a screen replacement for me a while back (he did a shabby job) and when I got it back, the bezel wasn't sitting correctly and ended up snapping and now when I close it, it does NOT go to sleep, very annoying.

I had a place look at it when they were fixing something else and he said it would cost 140Euro, which seemed very expensive at the time! Can anyone please help me with this? Is there a part I can buy which regulates this sleep feature when the macbook is closed? Has it to do with the magnets? Please help :apple:

2. horselemonade macrumors newbie

i dont know if this will work for you but a freind of mine put his headphones by the mouse there are magnets there i believe when we did this his macbook when to sleep you can try that... i hope it works or you can just press the power button and hit sleep

3. theironist08 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers man, yeah I have just been using the command+shift+Esc hotkey for 13 months now and I just miss the novelty of the whole close/sleep thing, seriously taken for granted!

Did your friend ever sort this issue?

4. horselemonade macrumors newbie

I dont know but it had to do with the type of headphones
    yeah but bezels are cheap and easy to replace.

i also just learned this pressing option+anykey makes a special symbol or
    option+shift+anykey so option+shift+k=