Go To Verizon Store On Friday or Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlackBook88, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

Which store do you recommend I go to a few hours before opening, a local Verizon wireless store or the apple store at the local mall? Which store will have more Verizon 4S's for sale? What time do you think I should head to either store? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

The Apple store will have much more inventory but it will also have much longer lines. The Verizon store will have less inventory but probably shorter lines. It's really a draw because you don't know how many Verizon iPhone 4S are coming. Most of the time all the Apple stores have enough for everyone who lines up on day one. This is not the case for the carrier stores.

3. det2004 macrumors 6502

I would just go to the Apple store. Sure the lines are longer but they will have more stock, and more of each model so hopefully you can get the one you want.

I would get there early though

4. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

5. steve dave macrumors 6502a

find the smallest, most remote verizon store and you can probably be the first one there. then no line and it doesn't matter how much inventory they have.

6. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

good news, at the local BJ's wholesale club they have a VZW kiosk, and I just called over there. They took all my account info down and said that Im the first preorder with the store and I'm guaranteed to get one on friday.

7. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

interesting . i called a local at&t store and they said 1st come 1st serve. no writing down names for reserves .

which is what i thought. :p

8. techguy20 macrumors 6502

I'd recommend the Apple Store... there's nothing like waiting on a long line to buy a new "i"-Product on the first day of its release with tons of other Mac people in the same boat!

9. spoolin00 macrumors newbie

I am also have these two options.

Im wondering if I go to the apple store, how apple gets you hooked up to your network at the store. Also, will they be able to keep my unlimited plan through Verizon?

Another question, last year, what was the crowd and supply like the day after launch (saturday)?