Go to your local Apple Stores...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Sketh, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Sketh macrumors 6502

Sketh

and jailbreak the demo units. It should be interesting to see what the apple stores start doing once they realize their demo units have been hacked, which.... come to think of it... would probably make Apple quite upset.

Oh well, what's a few days of fun before the banhammer gets dropped on us all?

jailbreakme.com

Install all the applications you can, mess with the springboard, play a little lights out- But don't get caught.

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

that just sounds like a better excuse for apple try and fix the issuse so we can jailbreak anymore...

3. foidulus macrumors 6502a

You do realize that workers have to clean that up don't you? They are going to have to reset the iPod to factory default, set up the display again etc.

You are taking time out of their day for, I'm not even sure what you are trying to prove, but anyway please think of others before doing stuff like this.

4. Sketh thread starter macrumors 6502

Sketh

I assure you I have no real ill intent here. I merely think it would be neat to walk into an apple store and be able to see the ipod touch with its potential unlocked.

Now, what I was really interested in seeing if Apple actually WOULD restore the iPods to their default settings, since jailbreaking according to them causes irreparable damage to the devices. Most of you will probably think I'm an ******* for suggesting this, but some people like me think Apple dug themselves into a bit of a hole with their core fanbase, and a little tom-foolery should be expected.

5. evilgreg macrumors regular

evilgreg

This is actually the best idea I've heard all day. I'm totally doing this when I go in to get my touch looked at.

6. mmfy macrumors regular

not sure if that makes sense...but if you happen to try at least make it a useful excursion and unlock a few iphones - now THAT would be stellar ;)

7. dikiem macrumors member

It's not like they are doing anything important, other than catching flies...

Beside, that would give them something to ponder on....

8. calculus Guest

calculus

There's nothing even remotely interesting about this idea...

9. uburoibob macrumors regular

Agree that this is just malicious and stupid. You are right if we think the worst of you. We are perfectly justified...
    :mad:

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Yeah and then maybe after that we can all go to best buy and turn all the TVs all the way up, and then we can put stink bombs in cloths at Macy's....oh wow, and then put dirty magazines in with the kids books at the book store. Wow, the teenaged aggression is overwhelming..

11. Darkjenso macrumors regular

actually it doesnt matter, all hardware except for the ?tvs (they cant be edited without a pasword) are restored to "Apple Store Demo" every day, as users can edit and deliete cirtain things on the ipod anyway, although i cant quite imagine what would happen if they where jailbroken...

12. voodoo411 macrumors newbie

bad idea. why dont we just keep low profile about jailbreak and sht we're doing here?

13. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Gawd, would that be priceless. Someone not knowing anything about an iPhone rolls into the store and exclaims, "I can get the iPhone on T-Mobile?!" A mob of people, and more. I would pay money to see that.

But, I don't think its a bad idea. Because, do you sometimes see the junk that people put on the computers there? Besides, the Apple Geeks won't notice until someone points it out to them.:D:apple:

14. James L macrumors 6502a

This would be awesome fun... if we were all still 12 years old.

Oh well, back to the grown up fun.

:rolleyes:

15. Sketh thread starter macrumors 6502

Sketh

See, that's funny to me. I'm not quite sure where all of you go off saying this is a ridiculous and immature idea, it makes me think half of you consider jailbreaking the iPod touch or iPhone a bad thing, which we all know it isn't.

Not trying to bash anyone, but have a little whimsy in your life, it isn't like you'll be less of a good person for it.

Also, I do appreciate the people who are against the idea remaining civil about disagreeing with me, it's good to see a forum where someone isn't instantly torn apart, even if some of the comments were a bit sarcastic.

16. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

I think its funny though I think its a bad idea to actually do...
    yes, those two things can go together.