Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmsee

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
I have a few sellers who are trying to sell me a 2.4Ghz 2GB 256MBvideo macbook pros. Is there anything new out there in new macbooks that will highly boost the speed or power.
It seems that I can only see that video is 512. will there be noticable difference between 256?
If I can get older version for around $1800 is it worth it?

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
I think it's worth getting the old one if you get a good price and some upgraded features, like ram and perhaps hard drive. $1800 sounds good to me, especially if you'd be ordering from the apple store online and paying retail plus tax. The only thing you'd miss out on is the multitouch, but the usefulness of that depends on how you use your computer (with an external keyboard, multitouch on the mBP isn't very useful).

I'd say go for it!

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
yeah go for it . unless you are into the video just buy the other and boost up the ram.

you wont know the difference

this was a sorta waste of an update in my opinion

deniser

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Cornwall, England
The refurbs have come down down from £1299 to £1049 for middle (old) model. If I got the new middle model with the HE discount it would cost £1104.

So should I go refurb or the new model ???? descisions eh!!!

skierdb526

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
How much would the last model be worth when the next model comes out? Im curious because I bought mine a month ago and dont know if the features are worth the price blow of a 400 dollar loss. let me know though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.