Goal Setting / Goal Management

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Oct 4, 2011.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

are there any apps for something like this? I've searching with google and only comes up with apps that are years old.

I'm just looking for something that reminds me of goals, has countdowns to specific dates.. that kinda thing

2. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

Couldn't you use one of the various task management programs out there....most have ability to send you reminder messages to remind you of upcoming deadline (as you set date...)...

Just a thought....

3. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

When you create a goal, there are steps you ned to take to achieve that goal. Therefore one of the task management programs available on the Mac are perfect for this.

Personally I use OmniFocus. Yes it is expensive and has a learning curve, but in the end it is the best of all the applications out there. Before I purchased the app I went through all the ideas on the developers site. They were most informative!

I have tried many other less expensive apps but OmniFocus is the best all around set of apps since it is also available on the iPhone and iPad. All 3 platforms sync with each other and the sync is seamless.

A cheaper alternative, but not as robust would be the Appigo ToDo apps.