Carrier God Damn Sprint Sucks

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
How does voice mail just suddenly stop working and since when is a 2 and half hour marathon of tech help with no solution count as customer service? Stuck with this **** company for 15 more months....

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
How does voice mail just suddenly stop working and since when is a 2 and half hour marathon of tech help with no solution count as customer service? Stuck with this **** company for 15 more months....
I never have these issues with sprint. And do Note all carriers suck equally ... 3 months of paying for a phone payment plan for a phone I returned to T-mobile .... yeah never again

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Sounds like it’s time for you to leave Sprint. I just recently added two lines on T-Mobile family plan from Sprint.
My phone is leased from them with 15 months to go and I switched to save money. I have to be with them for at least a year to get the money back from the iphone se I had to buy my kids to go to sprint. Its so not worth it. We've had so many problems.

My wife's SIM card stopped working. I probably can't blame sprint on that, but I will just cause I hate them so much.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
My phone is leased from them with 15 months to go and I switched to save money. I have to be with them for at least a year to get the money back from the iphone se I had to buy my kids to go to sprint. Its so not worth it. We've had so many problems.

My wife's SIM card stopped working. I probably can't blame sprint on that, but I will just cause I hate them so much.
A couple of years ago when Sprint started cutting bills in half and offering free data for a year, I said to myself "It's going to be interesting seeing what happens when the year is up and all those new customers have to decide if the service is worth the new price."

So a year later it WAS interesting watching. Apparently the price wasn't worth it and churn hit Sprint hard.

It's no longer taking a year for this to happen.

There used to be an old question in the Sprint community forums. What good does unlimited data do you if you have to sip it through a straw?

That's turned into "You get what you pay for."

Not to bag on Sprint (too much) but where they are good, they are excellent, but where they are bad they are VERY bad. The problem is that there are more places where Sprint is bad than where they are good.

And customer service went bad in 2007 when Sprint merged with Nextel. It's never recovered.

Sorry, you're in this fix. We (my wife and I) did 16 years with Sprint and have zero regrets about having left in 2015. The only way I'd go back is if Sprint was actually good in an area and T-Mobile wasn't. Otherwise, Sprint would have to pay ME!

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
A couple of years ago when Sprint started cutting bills in half and offering free data for a year, I said to myself "It's going to be interesting seeing what happens when the year is up and all those new customers have to decide if the service is worth the new price."

So a year later it WAS interesting watching. Apparently the price wasn't worth it and churn hit Sprint hard.

It's no longer taking a year for this to happen.

There used to be an old question in the Sprint community forums. What good does unlimited data do you if you have to sip it through a straw?

That's turned into "You get what you pay for."

Not to bag on Sprint (too much) but where they are good, they are excellent, but where they are bad they are VERY bad. The problem is that there are more places where Sprint is bad than where they are good.

And customer service went bad in 2007 when Sprint merged with Nextel. It's never recovered.

Sorry, you're in this fix. We (my wife and I) did 16 years with Sprint and have zero regrets about having left in 2015. The only way I'd go back is if Sprint was actually good in an area and T-Mobile wasn't. Otherwise, Sprint would have to pay ME!
Sprints great for me. For the price and amount of data that I use plus amount of hotspot (50gb) it can’t be beat even by Verizon in terms of price ( their top tier data plan is way more then sprints) . I have 22gb of LTE data until prioritizing and 50gb of LTE data. I average around 130GB of data per month and no slow downs and speeds are good enough to no even complain

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Sprints great for me. For the price and amount of data that I use plus amount of hotspot (50gb) it can’t be beat even by Verizon in terms of price ( their top tier data plan is way more then sprints) . I have 22gb of LTE data until prioritizing and 50gb of LTE data. I average around 130GB of data per month and no slow downs and speeds are good enough to no even complain
That's great! Keep what you have because it's working for you.

Again, I am not knocking Sprint. It's really good in a lot of places and because it's affordable at the same time it's a really nice deal.

But in the areas where it's not good and you have to deal with customer service then it's not so pleasant. One of Sprint's historical problems is that it's sales/support channels do not cooperate together. It can be like dealing with three separate heads of the same hydra (store/chat/phone). But most people call Sprint and that's really where a lot of the issues are.

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
That's great! Keep what you have because it's working for you.

Again, I am not knocking Sprint. It's really good in a lot of places and because it's affordable at the same time it's a really nice deal.

But in the areas where it's not good and you have to deal with customer service then it's not so pleasant. One of Sprint's historical problems is that it's sales/support channels do not cooperate together. It can be like dealing with three separate heads of the same hydra (store/chat/phone). But most people call Sprint and that's really where a lot of the issues are.
I can say the same with T-Mobile. Tbh they all suck. My best CS experience so far is with Verizon actually.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
Sprint is hororible. There’s a reaso. Why all of the big 4 they are the cheapest. Their coverage sucks in LA.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
You get what you pay for. I travel often and Sprint is the absolute worst of the major 4. T-mobile comes in at a close 3rd but is getting better rapidly. Their coverage outside of major cities still sucks. AT&T and Verizon are pretty close in my opinion. Verizon's CDMA network is best for overall coverage especially inside buildings. AT&T data speeds used to be a lot higher then Verizon but this does not seem to be the case anymore. Overall, I can testify to Verizon being the most reliable / consistent and is probably the most expensive as well.

Reactions: Never mind

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008

Maybe once the merger with T-Mobile is completed they will let you switch your lease over to one of their plans. I've had a good experience with them so far customer service wise.... My only complaint is coverage inside my office building sucks, but other than that all good.

Reactions: Mac'nCheese

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I’m just hoping that a merger would create a network with better coverage and better customer service. Still waiting for my voicemail to be fixed.

uknation87

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
I've been a Sprint customer for nearly 19 years now and can honestly say they've gotten much better with time.

Ultimately all my phones "have worked" in the area I live and travel to for work. That said, my recent purchase of the XS Max took the Sprint experience to another level.

Having said that, I realize their coverage isn't on par with the other Big 3 companies from an overall perspective, but my advice is simple... do a little research on the coverage area prior to buying a phone through the service and your problem is solved.

Last edited: